Monday, February 11, 2013

OER and Open Courseware

I have looked at many different math learning and tutoring websites and none have impressed me like Khan Academy.  This site was started in 2006 by Salman Khan who was tutoring his niece in mathematics remotely.  What started off as a math tutoring website now offers over 3000 video tutorials in mathematics, science, economics, computer science, humanities and test prep.  I use the video tutorials for my student who were absent from class and missed my lecture.  I also assign video tutorials and additional practice problems to students who may need additional help.  I am also able to assign students assessments and view their results online.  If you have not tried Khan Academy you should definitely check it out, it is a terrific supplemental teaching aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment