Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Flipped Classroom

I spent some time this week exploring the TED-Ed website as well as doing my own research on the concept of flipping lessons.  This whole concept of sharing different lessons digitally online could significantly improve collaboration among teachers and improve the overall quality of teaching and learning throughout our state and country.  Instead of being forced to create your own lesson from scratch, TED-Ed allows you to modify, change or enhance an existing lesson that has already been created and published online.  This allows you as the teacher to customize the lesson to fit your specific learning activity and you students learning styles.  I am really excited about the prospect of using TED-Ed and other video sharing website such as YouTube to share and flip lessons that I have created.  I really believe that this could change the way that teachers learn, share, interact and collaborate with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment